"The Work" is a simple but ingenious method of checking one's own beliefs, which is from the American Byron Katie. Katie does not have the answers to your problems, but something much better: The right questions! These questions are: first
Is it true?
second Is it really true?
third How do you react when you think that thought?
4th Who would you be without that thought?
These are the questions. And then in 5.ten step is followed by the so-called inversion:
5th The reversal
• • • • • • •
EXAMPLE
You are at the supermarket checkout in a long queue. You think the following creed: "There should not be a queue to be here at the office!"
Now check this idea: first
Is it true? - To Yes, this is absolutely annoying, wait here and have to queue. That's all squandered time.
second Is it really true? - It is true that I am here in a queue pending, me angry scowl and angry. All of life is always waiting, have patience, this is absolutely corrosive! I will finally be able to enjoy and gas!
third How do you react at the thought "It should not be a queue to be here at the office!"? - I'm frustrated, annoyed and not me feel really good.
4th Who would you be without the thought "It should not be a queue to be here at the office!"? - Oh, then I would let God be a good husband and enjoy my time here in the checkout line. Then I would the pretty girl / the nice man that / who stands before me in line for a closer look and perhaps even start a conversation with her, with her / him to flirt and so on ...
5th The converse - a. Here is a snake at the checkout to be. b. There should be no queue, no traffic jams in my mind / be in my energy flow. My love for life should flow freely! c. I should here can not capture the cash of the snake, not frustrate and annoy me to let that reality is not so, as I want it absolutely legally. d. should be no queues at cash registers! That's true! I go this week only in supermarkets, where it's going fast fast! e. I should be at the supermarket check-toxic and no hissing snake! ;-) F. so on ...
The turnarounds will benefit by this idea you propose alternatives. You can find the particular set of beliefs and found that it is perhaps as true or probably true than your original statement of faith for you.
PS In the Bible, and Jesus the reverse held high, for instance here: "If you change and become like little children, you will not go into the kingdom (Evgl. of Matthew, chapter 18, verse 3)
• • • • •. • •
MORE GOOD INFORMATION, see:
original page www.thework.org - original site of Byron Katie, in English
The end of suffering - www.thework.com / pdf / German little book.. pdf -. "The end of suffering" very good introduction to the method, written by Byron Katie, about 25 pages, German
Judge about your neighbor! - The "Judge-you-over-your-neighbor-worksheet , German)
21 methods for the maintenance of internal peace - www.thework.com/pdf/articles_21WaysGerman.pdf, by Byron Katie
The book, "Loving is what" , of Byron Katie, 22.90 €
"The Work" in Germany : www.the-work.de by Moritz Boerner to download with free PC program to "The Work" to . practice
"The Work" in Austria : www.thework.at - Good site with lots of introductory statements and forms.
"The Work" in Switzerland : www.the-work.ch - Also a good site! With reference to the American. Psychologist Albert Ellis, who asked similar:?? "Is that really true Why must it be like that one could think differently about what is your proof of what's the worst that could happen Would that really terrible what brings me this thought? "
• • • • • • •
daily work - "The Work" is the way like that because it's daily work to develop further and expose the innate and inner truths. The success is then: Inner Freedom!
• • • • • • •
KATIE-ISMEN
• Wenn Sie der Realität widersprechen, verlieren Sie - aber nur jedes Mal.
• Das ‘Ich’ liebt nicht - es will etwas.
• Wenn ich ein Gebet hätte, dann wäre es dies: „Lieber Gott, bewahre mich vor dem Verlangen nach Liebe, Anerkennung oder Wertschätzung. Amen."
• Es ist nicht Ihre Aufgabe, mich zu mögen - das ist meine Aufgabe.
• Das Schlimmste, was jemals passiert ist, ist ein ununtersuchter Gedanke.
• Jeder Krieg gehört aufs Papier. Machen Sie The Work, finden Sie inneren Frieden, und die Welt wird folgen. Das ist ein Gesetz.
• Der Lehrer, den Sie brauchen, ist die Person with whom you live. Are you listening?
• I will not let go of my concepts. I meet them through the test - then they let me go.
• The reality is more friendly than the story we tell about them.
• Finally, I'm all I can know what to do. Confusion is the only one suffering.
• What is. You have no choice. Is that not noticed?
• I am fully aware that the whole world loves me. I expect not only all that is already aware of them.
• There are no physical problems - only mental.
• The fear of death is the final cover, under the hides the fear of love.
• • • • • • •
greets you welcome Karl-Heinz Klein
PS "Give peace a chance!" (Quoted John Lennon)
PS The prayer of serenity: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things that I can change, and the wisdom to know the other to distinguish. " (Friedrich Christoph Oetinger, 1702-1782, Swabian theologian)
Write to me at: kklein@t-online.de
0 comments:
Post a Comment