Actually, I did not want to dwell on the new products by Ernstson , but such an oblique Passage screams to be picked up afterwards, the story of the floating stones from Tüttensee :
Ernstson et al. (2010) shows in their work some images of dark, bimsartigen stones, which they interpreted as impact melt rocks. you incurred after the impact by the melting of lake sediments of Lake Chiemsee.
These stones they present a curious history: 50 years ago children had made a kick out these 'floating stone' to throw into the water to see how they swam, and to bet on who would go first. Unfortunately, this game is, unfortunately, been so very popular that you would find this kind stones now little more. This rock is also earlier as a building material for many farmhouses that used in the area.
true, but the interpretation of this material as impactite is completely contrived by the hair. were know this, we must, be reduced in the immediate environment that's rich iron ore deposits for centuries and smelted on site. Such was the Maxhütte in mountains for over 300 years in operation. as a waste product of iron production fell naturally to the large amount of slag. This slag was in the area as a cheap building material very popular and has been installed in numerous farms. the end it is probably just the slag, which show the authors in their work.
I like the story of the floating rocks really really! Chiemgauer boy as I can also confirm that this game is also quite a few decades later was still unknown. Yes, I was sort of responsible for ensuring that this scientific investigation were withdrawn ;) However, I can have me now quite safe to be sunk at that time no impact rocks.
Ernstson et al. (2010) shows in their work some images of dark, bimsartigen stones, which they interpreted as impact melt rocks. you incurred after the impact by the melting of lake sediments of Lake Chiemsee.
These stones they present a curious history: 50 years ago children had made a kick out these 'floating stone' to throw into the water to see how they swam, and to bet on who would go first. Unfortunately, this game is, unfortunately, been so very popular that you would find this kind stones now little more. This rock is also earlier as a building material for many farmhouses that used in the area.
true, but the interpretation of this material as impactite is completely contrived by the hair. were know this, we must, be reduced in the immediate environment that's rich iron ore deposits for centuries and smelted on site. Such was the Maxhütte in mountains for over 300 years in operation. as a waste product of iron production fell naturally to the large amount of slag. This slag was in the area as a cheap building material very popular and has been installed in numerous farms. the end it is probably just the slag, which show the authors in their work.
I like the story of the floating rocks really really! Chiemgauer boy as I can also confirm that this game is also quite a few decades later was still unknown. Yes, I was sort of responsible for ensuring that this scientific investigation were withdrawn ;) However, I can have me now quite safe to be sunk at that time no impact rocks.
0 comments:
Post a Comment